Last update: May 21, 2018
PRIVACY AND YOUR INFORMATION
How we collect, process and protect your personal data
Our key principles
- We use your personal data only for the purposes we have defined.
- We make sure that we communicate to you what personal data we collect, for which purpose and how we use it.
- If your permission is required, we will ask for it, and make sure that you can at any time withdraw the permission.
- Your data is transferred to third parties only for the original purposes we have defined, in legally compliant ways and with adequate safeguards.
- We protect your data as well as we can.
- We make sure you can use your rights regarding your personal data, such as the right to access and correct the data.
- Beamex Oy Ab and its foreign branch offices (Beamex Group parent company in Finland)
- Beamex Limited (UK)
- Beamex GmbH (Germany)
- Beamex S.A.S. (France)
- Beamex, Inc. (USA)
For what purposes do we collect and use your personal data?
We collect, store and use data about only for predefined purposes. The main purposes for processing personal data are:
- marketing purposes, including marketing analytics, marketing research and direct marketing in compliance with applicable laws;
- developing our website and its content;
- fulfilling our contractual obligations;
- fulfilling legal obligations and responding to legal claims;
- customer communications and responding to contact requests;
- customer relationship management;
- supplier & partner relationship management;
- provision of our web-based or other online services;
- running and developing our business, to the extent not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedom; and
- targeting and offering our products and services to you.
What data do we collect about you and from which sources?
We collect personal data about you mainly from yourself when you contact us or use our services. In addition to this, we may collect personal data about you from other sources or registries you have used, such as third-party websites as well as advertising and social media channels. We also collect personal data about our website visitors with website analytics tools (such as Google Analytics and Hotjar) and marketing automation system (such as HubSpot), so that we can analyze our website use, develop it further and to target relevant advertising and marketing content for our customers and website visitors.
Typically, we may obtain the following personal data directly from you:
- your work-related contact details and interests in our products and services, as well as data related to your purchase and use history.
Examples of data from other sources:
- References from other people or colleagues, LinkedIn public profile information, website use data and social media activity relating to our social media channels.
What is the basis for processing your data?
We make sure that we always have a legal basis to use your personal data. Firstly, we may use your data to fulfill and execute a contract and to meet legal obligations. Secondly, we may use your data also to further our legitimate interests, which are the offering of our services and operating and developing our business, but only to the extent they are not overridden by interests for your fundamental rights and freedoms, especially in relation to privacy. Some personal data we may use based on your consent.
Who uses the data and is it transferred to anyone else?
Primarily your personal data is used by people in relevant functions within our own organization. Customer information and requests are usually also disclosed to our local business partners who handle customer requests and take care of local Beamex sales and services. They process personal data related to Beamex customers based on their own privacy policies.
We may also outsource some parts of the data processing to third parties, such as the data systems used to store and process personal data as well as some marketing functions. In these situations, we make sure with contracts and otherwise that the confidentiality of your personal data is secured and data is otherwise used lawfully. We may also disclose information to fulfill our other contractual or legal obligations or when a legal authority requires a disclosure. We may also disclose your personal data if we are a part of a business sale, such as a merger or an acquisition
Is your data transferred outside the European Union (EU)?
By default, EU citizens’ data is not transferred outside the EU. However, in some situations the transfer of personal data outside the EU is possible. For instance, possible transfers could concern such situations, where some of the servers where your personal data is stored are located outside of the EU. Secondly, we could transfer your personal data outside the EU to one of our group of companies or to a business partner, but only for furthering the purposes we have defined in this policy for the processing of your personal data. Thirdly, some other service provider, such as a marketing services company, could also locate outside the EU with access to your personal data. If any of these situations would happen, we make sure that your data is transferred and processed in a legal manner with adequate safeguards, including contractual clauses and other documentation.
If you are a non-EU citizen and you provide your personal data and make requests through our website, we typically disclose your request to a local business partner who handles your request.
How long is your personal data stored?
We will not store your personal data for a longer period than is necessary for its purpose or required by contract or law. The storage times for personal data may vary based on its purpose and the situation. We also intend to keep your data up to date. When the personal data is no longer needed for its purpose or is obsolete, we aim to delete it from our records.
How is your personal data stored and kept secure?
Your data is stored on the servers provided by our service providers, which are secured according to general industry standards and practices. We consider and keep your personal data confidential and do not disclose them to anyone else at Beamex than those who need it for their work or confidentially to our specific partners based on contracts we have made with them. Access to your personal data has been protected with user-specific logins, passwords and user rights.
Is it mandatory to provide personal data? What happens if you don’t give it to us?
By default, it is not mandatory to provide us personal data. For instance, you can use our website without providing your personal data. However, in some instances, if you don’t provide us some of your personal data or allow processing of it, it may limit the services that we are able to provide you. For example, the use of our web-based services may require registration, creating, and maintaining a personal user-specific account.
What rights do you have relating to your personal data?
- Withdraw your consent If we process personal data based on your consent, you can at any time withdraw your consent by notifying us, for instance by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Access to data You have the right to get a confirmation if we are processing your personal data and to know what data we have about you. In addition, you have the right to some supplemental information described in the law about the processing activities.
- Right to have errors corrected You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate or outdated personal data we have about you.
- Right to prohibit direct marketing You have the right to request that your personal data is not processed for direct marketing purposes by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to object processing If we process your personal data based on public interest or our legitimate interest, you have the right to object the processing of your data, to the extent that there is no such significant reason that would override your rights or the processing is not necessary for handling legal claims. Please note that in this situation we may not be able to serve you anymore.
- Right to restrict processing In certain situations, you have the right to require that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to data portability If we process your personal data based on your consent or the fulfilling of a contract, you have the right to require the transfer of data you have provided to us to another service provider in a commonly used electronic format.
How can you use your rights?
You can execute and use your rights by contacting us, for instance by sending an email to email@example.com. In such cases, we ask you to provide us your name, contact details, phone number as well as a copy of valid personal ID, such as a driver’s license or passport, so we can verify your identity. If you consider that the processing of your personal data is not lawful, you can always also make a notification to a supervisory authority.
Who can you contact in privacy matters?
The registrant of this personal data register is Beamex Group.
You can contact Beamex Oy Ab (business identity code: 0181602-8, address: Ristisuonraitti 10, 68600 Pietarsaari, FINLAND) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling to +358 10 550 5000.